Table of Contents
Our skin has two types of areas darker and lighter. After tanning the lighter area turns into white spots. It is more visible than darker areas. Here you can find out How to Get Rid of White Spots From Tanning.
White spots are also visible after tanning the bed. There are multiple reasons for white spots but tanning is the most prominent factor of them. If white spots on the skin are developed on your body, no need to worry. In most cases, they can be removed easily and harmless. Also, Read How To Remove Self Tanner?
Why do I have white spots on my skin when I tan?
There are multiple reasons for white patches on the skin. The main reasons are:-
Tinea Versicolor is a fungal infection. These pigments effect the production of melanin. Sometimes these are in a very light color. They appeared at the skin like white spots.
The scaly spots cause itches and turn your skin tan, brown, white, or pink. The most attached tinea versicolor is on the upper part of the body like the face, neck, shoulder, chest, or back. People who are going into their adulthood are mostly affected by this.
The fungus that causes tinea Versicolor also presents in healthy skin but it does not get boosted. According to its favorable circumstances, it grows up. Low immunity, increased humidity, excessive sweating gives a boost to its growth.
Low Level of Melanian in Skin
Melanin pigment is responsible to give color to a tan body. It also preserves your skin from the damaging effects of the tanning bed or ultra violet rays from the sun. The amount of melanin is less in white skin people as compared to dark skin. Check the complete guide on tanning beds. How To Lay In A Tanning Bed
In skin cells sufficient amount of melanin is available. White spots on tan skin can develop after prolonged exposure to UV rays.
To exposure to Ultra Violet rays, people use medicines that lead to their skin sensitivity. In particular, oral contraceptive pills make your skin more sensitive. You should talk through your medicine. If you are taking medicine daily. Also, discuss the pros and cons of that medicine on tanning.
Scars are the most common reason for developing white spots from tanning. If the old scars are present on your skin. Scar tissues disable the production of melanin. That’s why those area does not tan. Small scars from insects bight, surgery or injury will not get tan and will be the reasons for white spots on the skin.
People who tann mostly on tanning beds, mostly have lighter areas on knees, hips, elbows, and other pressure points. Tanning for too much time on a tanning bed, cause slows circulation in the body which causes light color. This is also the reason for getting white spots from tanning.
How To Get Rid Of White Spots From Tanning?
There are many ways to get rid of white spots from tanning. Also, you can use these precautions to avoid white spots.
- Avoid humid and hot environments.
- A well-balanced diet and plenty of water can save you from white spots on your skin. When your skin gets essential minerals and vitamins, gives your skin a healthy glow. This will help to fade white spots.
- keep your skin dry and clean & avoid sun exposure.
- Always use good quality tanning products and take good care of skin before and after tanning.
- Vitamin E and alpha hydroxyls are present in massage oils and tanning lotions. This will help to keep your skin moisturized which results in the disappearance of white spots.
- A good application of self-tanning cream and tanning lotion with bronzer is an alternate of tanning beds. Also prevents you from the damage of UV rays.
- Another alternate to tanning beds is Air Brush. It results in flawless tanning results. They provide cover on white sunspots after tanning.
- Herbs are one of the removals of the most important factors of white spots from tanning. Tumeric, homey, and sandalwood powder can be mixed and applied to affected areas.
Bonus Tip: Now Get your legs flawless glowing tan with the best indoor tanning for legs.
Do White Spots From The Sun Go Away?
Hot and humid climates are the reasons for white spots. These spots are more visible for some people. As fungus goes away relatively quickly so it goes away. The demonstration takes some time to vanish. Some treatments for white spots from the sun can go away with the following methods.
- Carbon dioxide laser
Can You Tan Over White Spots?
Vitiligo Spots have no melanin so that area is not able to tan. If the sun is not protected properly with sunscreen, vitiligo patches may burn or scar. If you have light skin, then tan white spots will be more visible.