Have you been planning to get a gorgeous glow & dark tan at the pool or beach? But on checking the weather forecast you find out it’s cloudy. So can you tan when it’s cloudy or you will wait for the sunny weather & rearrange your schedule? Let’s break this question out and check all cloud relation questions about tanning.
Can You Tan When It’s Cloudy?
Yes, you can still get a tan when it’s cloudy. The human body produces a great no of melanin pigments when exposed to UV rays from the sun. These melanin pigments protect the sun from skin. That’s what allows the body to tan in cloudy weather.
Reading the tanning about clouds makes you think that tanning is only possible on sunny days. On sunny days, UV(A) and UV(B) rays are hitting your skin. Having said that in cloudy weather,80% of Ultra Violet rays can penetrate through clouds. So this is a good sign that you can still tan when it’s cloudy.
There is also visible light (when it is hidden in cloudy weather). This light does not help to tan. The main rays which help to tan your skin are UV(A) and UV(B) rays.
Best Ways To Get Tan In Cloudy Weather
- When it’s cloudy, no need to worry about tanning, Cloudy weather outing and tanning gives an enjoyable day. Here are some best ways to get tan in cloudy weather.
- Before one day of tanning, exfoliate your skin properly. Exfoliate will remove dead skin cells and new cells will help you to get a perfect tan. It will be more effective and that desired color which you want.
- Moisturize your skin after exfoliating. If your skin is too much dry, don’t go for tanning. To keep your skin hydrated, moisturize twice a day.
- Put sunscreen when you go out for a tan, even on a cloudy day. When you tan your body, you want no risk of increasing cancer. Instead of tanning, sunscreen will also decrease the chance of burning.
- Wearing sunglasses makes your look glamourous. Also wearing glasses protect eyes from sun rays.
- Section of a spot carefully which have limited obstructions between you and the sun
- Tanning time should be before 10 am and after 4 pm. This time sun rays are not the strongest and you can tan easily.
- Rotating your body from 10 after every 20 minutes. So that sun rays can easily hit different body parts.
- To maximize your tanning experience on a cloudy day, you can also use tanning oil. Tanning Oil such As Sun Bum Moisturizing Oil or Hawaiian Tropic Dark Tanning oil can help.
How Long Does It Take To Tan on a Cloudy Day?
A cloudy day does not mean that the sun is completely hidden. But it means it hiding behind the clouds. So going to tan on a cloudy day takes 5 to 10 minutes. It can give you a good tan. Most people think tan is not possible because they are not able to see the sun.
Can You TAn When It’s Cloudy But High UV?
This is not possible to tan in high UV rays when it’s cloudy.UVA rays are the strongest UV rays and it contains 95% of the sun’s total radiations. This kind of radiation can deeply go to your skin surface and enter into the thickest layer.
Also, this kind of UV rays causes aging signs and wrinkles.
Learn more tips for getting the perfect tan with these related articles on our blog: